SharePoint 2010 Workflow problem, The form cannot be rendered.
I received the following error message when I was trying to start the workflow in SharePoint 2010.
You need to install the ‘State Service’ via the Configuration wizard in Central Administration.
Here is the procedure step by step:
- Go to Central Administration and select Configuration Wizard
- On the next screen launch the Wizard.
- On the next screen Start the Wizard.
- On the list of many services you will find »State service«. In my case it was already selected on the form, but evidently not activated yet.
Finish the form and wait until the »processing« stops. When the »processing« finisehed, I was offered the following form to create a new top-level Web Site. You can freely skip this step. What we needed was already done.
- Refresh your site and you won’t receive the error message again. Workflow finally starts working.