SharePoint Redirection Options after adding a New item to the list or library
In order to redirect the user to a specific page (not to the default all items page) after adding a new item to the list or library, there are different approaches. The URL address which appears in the browser when you select a “New document” button or an “Add document” command (when you add a new InfoPath form) includes the “Source” parameter”. This parameter determines the location, where the user is redirected when the item is added to the list or library. By default this is the “AllItems.aspx” page of the current list / library. You can very simply redirect the user to another location within the site collection if you change this parameter value to your desired address.
1. Copy the URL which apperas after selecting “New document”
2. Find the “source” parameter within the URL and change the value of redirection address:
Here are other interesting and helpful sites about this topic:
- SharePoint Redirection Options in Upload and New Item Forms | Kraft Kennedy | Technology Blog.
- SharePoint Customization Tip: Redirect to a custom page after completing a list form.
- Redirecting Your Data View Forms On Submit –.
- Blogs – IOTAP – Redirecting to a custom URL from Sharepoint custom forms.
- Redirect a SharePoint site by using the Content Editor Web Part | EndUserSharePoint.com.
- How to ‘Create a new document’ link in SharePoint 2010 – Srini Sistla’s Blog.
- howto modify “add new document” link.