Category Archives: SharePoint
- Manage document conversions (SharePoint Server 2010).
- How Do I: Configure Document Conversions in SharePoint 2010?| TechNet.
- Document Conversion to PDF within SharePoint.
- Adlib Software First to Deliver Complete Document Transformation Solution for SharePoint® 2010 | Business Wire.
- PDF for SharePoint product | Adlib Software.
- Bamboo Solution: SharePoint PDF – Convert Office Files to PDFs in SharePoint.
- Muhimbi – PDF Converter for SharePoint 2007.
- Use a Three-state workflow – SharePoint Server – Office.com.
- The Three-State Workflow – The Forgotten Out-Of-The-Box Workflow for Both WSS and MOSS — SharePoint Solutions Team Blog.
Here is a simple description of »Three state« workflow how it works.
- Create a new »Issue« (before doing this assign »Three State Workflows« to »Issue tracking« list)
- Edit and save the item. When the item is saved, the first workflow is generated.
- A new item appears in the »Issue tracking« list.
- User receives an e-mail with instructions what to do:
- A new generated workflow appears in the »Tasks« list.
- In order to finish the task, open the task in edit mode.
- Set the status filed to »Completed«. The task is complete now and will made a change on the »Issue tracking« item. This item will go to the middle state and the second workflow will be generated.
- On the task list you can see that the first task is completed and the new one is here.
- At the same time the item on the »Issue tracking« list is now in the »Resolved« state. At the beginning it was in »Active state«.
- Let us complete the second task now.
- Both tasks are now completed.
- On the »Issue tracking« list an item is now in the final state »Closed«. The case is finished.
I got this error when I tried to open the site in SharePoint Designer 2010. SPD is installed on the client.
The server could not complete your request.
An error occurred while trying to fetch data from your SharePoint site. Unexpected response from the server. The content type of the response is “”. The status code is “OK”.
The reason is that there can only be 1 binding on a web application. If you have more than 1, it will no longer work and you get this error.
One possible solution is to extend your web application (central administration – application management – manage web applications).
If you open the site of that extented web app, SPD will connect to that site again.